Sep 24, 2009

The Best Blotting Tissues

When I was pregnant, I had beautiful skin.  It was clear, glowing, and shine-free.  However, as soon as my little bundle-of-joy was born, my T-zone resumed its former identity as an oil slick.


I've been fighting oily skin since my teens and have tried several products that have promised an oil-free complexion, but have been disappointed most of the time.  I recently read that because of hormone changes, women in their 30's have oilier skin than when in their 20's.  Seriously, how wrong is that?  So, since oily skin is caused mostly by hormones, unless I can find a product that will send me into early menopause, I'm stuck with it for a few more years.


Several years ago, I saw a glowing review for a brand of blotting tissues in a magazine, and marched right down to my neighborhood Sally Beauty Supply to find them.  The brand is Palladio and the product is called "rice paper" .  They've worked so well for me, I've been using them religiously ever since, buying them several at a time.  I've got a pack in the car, one in the diaper bag, one in my purse, and one at home.







Here's the manufacturer's description:


"This very unique, oil-absorbing two-sided, tissue is made with Natural Rice which is much gentler for the skin compared to pulp. With added Rice Powder to eliminate shine and to leave skin feeling and looking smoother. Use to blot off excess oil that causes skin blemishes. The Matte side (without powder) is for blotting to absorb the excess oils and the Powdered side is for finishing. Packaged in a pull out tissue component with the convenience of fitting in a purse."


Each pack contains 40 tissues and each one can be used at least twice.  I typically buy the translucent shade but it is available in several other shades if you want one more compatible with your skin tone.  They are available at any Sally Beauty Supply for $3.99.  If you have a Sally Beauty Club card, you may be able to buy them cheaper than that.  They're also available online at Sally's website.  If you try them out, please let me know how they work for you.  lotsalove!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I NEED these!!!! Thanks!

Angie C said...

If I was stranded on a dessert island, I'd want with me food, water, and these blotting tissues. lol!

Emily said...

Ok, so I just wanted to tell you that a few weeks ago I finally got the chance to go get some of those blotting tissues you posted about and I LOVE THEM!!! I keep them in my purse and they work so well......especially now that it's summer :) Chris even got curious tonight and used one while we were driving home from our date and he loved it too! (it was funny watching him "blot" his face.....but only after he started just wiping it all over and I had to explain that they were called "blotting tissues" for a reason ;) Thanks so much for the recommend!!! TTFN

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations