Sep 21, 2009

The Best Glass Cleaner You've Never Heard Of

Is it just me, or does it seem like the best products on the market are the ones most of us have never heard of?  There are no incessant commercials for them, no internet pop-up adds, and no annoying jingles.  My theory is that the companies that make truly superior products, like SprayWay glass cleaner, don't need to spend a gazillion dollars on advertising because the product sells itself.  Trust me.  Once you try this stuff, you'll see what I mean.


I actually came across this product by sheer chance.  I was in Costco, not even looking for glass cleaner, when I saw a 4-pack of blue cans.  The label itself was pretty nondescript, but what caught my eye was this sticker on the front of the package.







I still don't know which "leading test publication" that sticker's referring to, but it sold me.  I figured, at $6.61 for four 19 ounce cans, I wasn't going to lose much if I hated it.  And yes, I said cans.  This product comes in aerosol  cans instead of a trigger spray bottle.  But, don't let that deter you from buying it.  No ozone-depleting chemicals here.  And the product itself, comes out of said can as a foam, reminiscent of those scrubbing bubble cleaners.  No more mad dash to wipe off the glass cleaner before it drips.  This stuff stays put.  Here are some other fantastic facts about Sprayway copied from their website.
  • The most versatile glass cleaner available - cleans glass, windows, mirrors, windshields; enamel surfaces, chrome, tile, porcelain and other hard surfaces. (I would add stainless steel to this list.)
  • Dissolves dirt, grease, grit, and grime.
  • Guaranteed to leave no film.
  • Contains perfume-grade alcohol for best performance
Man, I love multitasking cleaners!  I did an internet search, and discovered all kinds of rave reviews about this product, but as they say, the proof is in the pudding, so I put it to the test.  With four grimy kids running around, I had plenty of surfaces on which to test it.  Some of the toughest jobs it conquered at my house were the sliding glass door which we use constantly, the back inside windows of the minivan (which I tend to neglect, so they were downright filthy), the microwave oven door above the range (it cut right through the greasy film), and our stainless steel kitchen trash can.  And of course, it does a fantastic jobs on mirrors and any other glass surfaces.


There are two different can designs for the same product.  The one I bought looks like this...







...and the one online looks like this.





Sprayway glass cleaner is available at Costco and Sam's club as well as several online sites like drugstore.com and amazon.  Oh, and did I mention that one 19 ounce can cleans as much as two 32 ounce trigger sprayers of that blue liquid glass cleaner. So much to love!


If you give this product a try and love it as much as I do, please let me know.  And do your friends a favor and please email this post to them.  Then, they'll love you as much as they'll love this glass cleaner!  lotsalove!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Fun you have a blog! What a great topic too.

So... I almost bought this cleaner the last time I was at Target but didn't. I think I remember my mom buying it when I was kid and I cleaning the bathroom mirrors. Now I will be picking it up to try it myself.

Thanks for the tip. I look forward to many more.

Adventures of the York Family 7 said...

I use this product... love it!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations