Oct 3, 2009

Chewy Tubes Teethers

If you have a baby or toddler, you know the frustration of buying every brightly colored, fluid-filled, nubby, scented, and vibrating teether on the market, only to have your little one reject them all and instead you find him gnawing on a cardboard toilet paper roll he fished out of the bathroom trash can.  My baby has a particular fetish for flip flops, and since we are a family of 6 living in in Southern California, he always manages to get his chubby little hands on one, despite my best efforts to hide them.

Just thinking about what touches either side of our flip flops and then, in turn, my baby's mouth, drove me to the internet to search for a teether that my baby would actually want to chew on.  It was then that I discovered Chewy Tubes "P's & Q's" oral motor devices.



All you occupational therapists and speech pathologists out there have probably heard of Chewy Tubes. As for the rest of you, these are probably as new to you as they were to me.  They're made by Speech Pathology Associates, LLC and are a line of devices that can help develop biting and chewing skills or strengthen the jaw.  But, some of these devices also make fabulous teethers for infants and toddlers. 

What makes them unique is how perfect the firmness and texture are for soothing sore gums and giving new teeth the workout they need.  They're just the right size for little hands and are easy to grasp and aren't slippery when wet with slobber.  They also make that cool squeaky sound against my baby's gums, which he loves.


Chewy Tubes are made out of a thermo-elastic polymer material (whatever that means) that is latex, pvc, lead, and phthalate free.  The original Super Chew device (see right) was not designed to be a infant teether, however, it is suitable for babies ages 9 months and up.  I purchased this Super Chew product as well as the P's & Q's and my baby liked it and never gagged on it.  However, if your baby has an active gag reflex, he'd would probably do much better with the "Q".



The "P" and the "Q" come as a set and as you can see, my 3-year-old, who still puts everything in his mouth, likes to chew on them also.  Babies especially like the little nubby tail on the "Q" which doesn't protrude quite so far into their mouths as the tail on the"P".

To learn more about Chewy Tubes Oral Motor Devices, you can visit the website. To purchase a set of P's & Q's, I found the best price and the lowest shipping costs here.  A set of 2 P's & Q's is $6.50 and shipping is $2.00 which is great considering some of the other online retailers charge as much for shipping as they do for the product.  Wash with soap and water, and inspect for signs of wear and replace if any appear.

Awwwwww!  I love that little guy!


If you give these a try, please let me know how your little ones like them.  And now, you can send me an email as well.  lotsalove!



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

A friend of mine had a baby a couple of months ago, but teething is just around the corner for him. He already gnaws on anything close enough to his face.

These look like awesome products and I will definitely recommend them to her!

Angie C said...

I hope they work as well for her as they have for me. Thanks for the comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations