Oct 16, 2009

Moms, This One's For You!

Long gone are the days when I would put on my running shoes and jog out the front door for an hour-long run without a care in the world.  Back then, I mistakenly thought that if I didn't spend at least 45 minutes working out, it wasn't worth the effort.  Fast forward to today when I don't have 45 minutes in a row to do anything!  With a husband who is gone for long hours and four young, needy children, I have to squeeze in a little exercise wherever I can and be satisfied.  During my last pregnancy, I started searching for an exercise DVD that would provide a complete workout in less than 30 minutes.  I'm thrilled to share with you that I found one that I truly love!





I'm not really a fan of Jillian Michaels, but I am a fan of her 30 Day Shred DVD.  The following is a list of what I love about it:
1.  It has 3 complete workouts on one DVD.
2.  The workouts are 20 minutes from start to finish.
3.  Each workout contains strength training, cardio, and ab work.
4.  Each workout is a different level with different moves so I don't get bored.
5.  The moves are easy to modify if you're not feeling too energetic that day.
6.  All of the workouts are pretty intense, but level 3 kicks my butt every time.
7.  The only equiptment needed are light hand weights and a mat.
8.  Jillian is not too annoying to have in my living room a few times a week.


Although I do love this DVD, there are a couple of things I don't like about it, but by no means are they deal breakers.  There's a 5-minute intro at the beginning of the DVD that is impossible to skip or fast forward through.  Believe me, I've tried everything.  Instead of sitting and waiting, I'll just start the DVD and then finish getting ready while she yaps on.  The other unfortunate thing is that Jillian uses the term bad a** once in each of the workouts.  Not exactly hard core profanity, but that's definitely not something I want my 3-year-old repeating, so I try to distract him when I know it's coming if he's in the room.


This DVD is available from Amazon for as low as $7.33 new and $6.69 used.  What a deal!  I've been using it for several months now and I've definitely seen increases in my strength and fitness levels and the post-baby weight is coming off slowly but surely.  Am I "shredded"?  Well, no.  While I have a lofty goal of working out 5 days a week, most of the time I don't get in more than 3.  But, I'm cool with that.  I think one of the most valuable things I've learned from using this DVD is that when it comes to exercising, quality matters more than quantity.  Have fun sweating!  lotsalove!




0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations