Nov 24, 2009

Cooking Light Peanut Butter Taste Test Results

I promised myself that I wouldn't mention peanut butter ever again on this blog, but I'm breaking my promise today.  You see, the other day, I opened up my totally awesome December issue of Cooking Light and there it was, a PEANUT BUTTER TASTE TEST!  So, for those of you without a subscription, I thought I'd fill you in on what the professionals think is the best natural PB out there. 

The peanut butter voted the Best Natural Creamy was Adams 100% Natural Peanut Butter, which is a brand I simply could not get my hands on for my taste test.  The tasters said it had a surprisingly smooth texture for a natural peanut butter and that it costs about $4.00/16oz, but I know you can get it for under $2.50 here in SoCal.

The Best Natural Crunchy title went to Krema Natural Peanut Butter.  I had never heard of this brand, but it is made by the Krema Nut Company and is available by mail order only.  The raters liked "the hunks of peanuts, the crunch and the real peanut flavor". (Cooking Light, Dec 2009, p.67)  Krema PB is $3.29 (16oz) plus shipping.





Now that we have the results of a legitimate taste test, I promise I will not mention peanut butter again on this blog (unless I have a really good reason)!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hahahaha! Told you so.....you should listen to me more often :)

~Sophisticate Style ~ said...

Okay, so I found you via MBC, and now I'm totaly hooked on your blog. I had to laugh, becuase for the last 2 weeks, I've been talking about peanut butter in the office. Since you know more than I can ever learn about nutrition, you'll probably think I am nuts. But for the last couple of weeks, I've been eating a PB&J sandwich for breakfast because it fills me up so much that I dont get hungry before lunch time, and even when lunch time comes around, I'm completely happy with eating fruits & veggies, and then a sensible dinner later on. Call me crazy, but I've lost 4 lbs already.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations