Nov 6, 2009

Hairspray Fidelity

I don't have much brand loyalty when it comes to hair care products and will buy whatever looks good to me on the shelf if the price is right.  However, I've been very disappointed with my last several choices of (cheap) hair sprays.  So, when I saw a glowing review of Loreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray in a magazine and noticed it's available at Target, and not a salon, my interest was peaked.  Then I went to Total Beauty.com and looked up this product.  Twenty-four people reviewed it and twenty-three of them gave it a 9 or 10 out of 10 stars.  Not bad.

I guess this stuff used to be available only in Europe and it only recently began to be sold here.  So I ran out to Target and picked up a shiny gold can of it to see if it lived up to the hype.  What's supposed to set this spray apart is the fact that it holds even after you brush through it and leaves your hair softer, shinier, and more manageable than before you put it on.  That's practically unheard of in a strong holding hairspray. 

My opinion?  This stuff rocks!  I have very fine hair that doesn't hold any style well, but with Elnett, my bangs stay side swept, my curls stay intact, and my pony tails stay smooth.  Plus, my hair is so freakin soft right now, I can't stop running my fingers through it.

Elnett Satin is more expensive than the cheapo sprays I usually buy, but well worth it.  I paid $14.99 for an 11oz can that also came with a 2.2oz travel size.  That's still several dollars less expensive than the one other spray I really like, Big Sexy Hair.

It may be a little too soon for me to say that I'll remain faithful to this product, what with my wandering eye and all, but this just may be the one that will make me change my ways.

Do you have a favorite hair spray? 

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations