Nov 15, 2009

Have Games, Will Travel

First of all, I'd like to give a big thanks to Emily for guest blogging about her favorite crafting tools last week.  I don't know about you, but I saw one or two things that I'm adding to my Christmas list.

Speaking of the holidays...

...if your family is like ours, the holiday season brings long hours in the car, which means this time of year, I'm on the lookout for new ways to make the time in the car fun for our kids, and more peaceful for my husband and me.  Check out these great travel games from Melissa and Doug that I saw featured on MomsMinivan.com. They're called "Flip to Win" games and include:

 Hangman


Memory
 


Bingo

Bear Hunt (just like Who's Who)


and
Four-In-A- Row (like Connect Four)





The beauty of these games is that there are no removable parts to lose (except for the dry erase pen with hangman) and no batteries to change. These wooden games are well-constructed and very durable, just like you'd expect from Melissa and Doug.   


I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box (I ordered a bundle of three from Amazon) and found the the game boards were bigger and sturdier than they appeared on my computer screen.  My kids immediately were enthralled with them and played with them so much that I had to hide them so they'd still be excited about them when it comes time to take the 6-hour drive to grandma's house. The recommended age for these games is 5 or 6 years and up, but my 3 and 1/2 year old loves to flip the wooden squares over just to discover what's underneath them.

By far, the lowest prices I found for these games online were on Amazon, especially if you buy the three pack of Bear Hunt, Memory, and Hangman (my girls' fave) for $37.15 with free super saver shipping.  The individual prices are as follows:  Hangman $10.24, Bear hunt $14.32, Memory $10.57, Bingo $15.89, Four-In-A-Row $10.61.

Happy traveling!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Yes you have found a winner. We have the hangman and memory and they are so much fun. I randomly found them at a grocery store and I have wanted to see what other games they had in the line, thanks for doing the leg work on that one. Happy trails.

bluehydrangea said...

I have had so much fun reading thru your blog!! I spy lots of things I want!!!

bluehydrangea said...

I have had a ball reading thru your blog and spy lots of things I now need!!

Angie C said...

Ha ha! Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations