Dec 16, 2009

These Are A Few Of My Favorite (Household) Things

I apologize for neglecting my blog as of late.  Life has been nothing short of insane at my house and since my hubby and I share the computer, my time on it is limited in the evenings when I usually  blog.  To make up for it, I thought I'd list a few of my favorite items in this blog instead of my usual one.  None of these products is life-altering necessarily, but I love them nonetheless.

Trader Joe's Kitchen Cloths:  Think Sham-Wow, but for your kitchen.  It absorbs an insane amount of liquid and wrings out almost dry.  Best part, it never gets stinky.  Use it to wipe down any surface in the kitchen and for cleaning up spills. 



Image from Green Clean Review blog.  $3.99/2-pack

Kidco Baby Steps Food Mill Grinder:  The phrase "make your own baby food" used to sound so intimidating to me.  I envisioned spending hours in the kitchen cooking and then pureeing all kinds of fruits, veggies, and meats and then storing it all in labeled, single-serving sized containers in the freezer.  I'd then have to carefully thaw and reheat them before each meal.  Needless to say, I never did any of it ,and my baby food mill grinder sat in my cupboard through 3 kids.  It wasn't until my fourth baby that I realized how amazing this little grinder is.  I literally throw whatever (cooked food) my family is having for dinner in the grinder with a little water and it grinds it up beautifully.  I then stir in a little more liquid and my my baby gobbles it down.  In fact, he hates baby food and will only eat what the rest of us are eating.  This device has saved me so much money!


$11.95 (comes with it's own carrying case) on Amazon.

Lash Stiletto Mascara by Maybelline New York:  I was married to my old mascara for years but after I read some favorable reviews of Lash Stiletto on Beauty.com, I thought I'd give it a try.  After a few uses, I was sold.  I have stubby, thin lashes, so anything that makes my lashes visible to the naked eye is amazing to me.  This mascara definitely makes them look longer and thicker without giving me spider lashes.  I buy the waterproof kind and it stays put, no raccoon eyes.

$6.98 at Walmart

I hope you are all enjoying this holiday season.  My next post will include a few last-minute gift ideas for all you procrastinators out there (myself included) and... drum roll please, my first ever give away to one lucky follower!  Stay tuned.



3 comments:

Alison said...

I agree about the baby food grinder. None of my kids would eat baby food (really, who can blame them?) and this was totally awesome (and saved us time and $$ on baby food too). FYI you have a typo in your mascara section...where you said visible to the naked. I think you meant naked eye. But maybe not...lol!

Angie C said...

Thanks. I fixed the typo, but it's just not as fun to read now. ha ha

Shelly said...

I used the kidco and loved it. At first I did it just to introduce other kinds of vegi's that were not in the jar. My boys seemed to like it much better...so I used it much more.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations