Jan 23, 2010

The Good Kind of Bed Head

I don't know about you, but I find it extremely annoying when actresses on TV or in movies get out of bed in the morning with the perfect head of sexy, tousled hair.  When I wake up, the back of my head looks like someone snuck into my room at night and went at it with a brillo pad.  Now, I know TV and movies aren't real, well...except for about half of all TV shows now, but it still bugs me how witchy I usually look first thing in the morning.  (But isn't it great how our babies are still so happy to see us. Ah, motherhood!)

Well, I discovered the secret to waking up with smooth, untangled locks in the form of a pillow case.  The secret is SATIN! (or silk but it's much more expensive and satin works just as well.)  Just sleep on a satin pillow case and not only will it preserve your hairstyle and prevent tangles, but it will also prevent the damage and breakage that can happen when your hair catches on the fibers of your pillow case as you toss and turn.

I went searching for a store that sells just a single satin pillow case with no luck.  So, of course, I turned to the internet.  Betty Dain Creations, Inc. makes satin pillowcases in a variety of colors that you can buy without spending oodles of money on an entire satin sheet set.  I bought a three-pack through Amazon for $20.24.  The silk pillowcases made for the same purpose can run you $75 and up.  Or, you can just take a trip to China and pick up a few there. Ha ha.  In hindsight, I should have checked Sally Beauty Supply because I think they sell them there also.




Since I bought three pillow cases, I put one on each of my daughters' pillows.  Since they shower at night, I usually have a heck of a time combing through their hair in the morning, made all the worse by the fact that we're usually running late.  Ouch!  I curled my daughter's hair in ringlets using a spiral curling iron (very time consuming), and thanks to satin and some L'Oreal Elnett Hair Spray, the curls lasted for 3 days.  

The pillow cases are machine washable and feel oh-so-nice on your skin.  It's a great way to bring a little luxury into my not-so-luxurious life.  Now, if I could just get 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.  I know, I'm a dreamer. 

2 comments:

Carin said...

I've been sleeping on satin pillow cases for years for that exact reason. Never thought of giving them to my daughters. Makes perfect sense though! Thanks for the idea :)

Shannon said...

Brilliant. I was just complaining about that in my head today. Wondering how I could shower at night and not spend the next morning with a staight iron trying to smooth everything back down. I'm gonna get me some of those.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations