Feb 20, 2010

Sassy Training Spoon & My First Blog Award

I don't know about you, but watching a baby first learn to feed himself with a spoon is difficult for me.  I mean, I really feel badly when he's worked so hard to get darn thing into his mouth, only to realize that it's empty because the contents fell off a split second before entry!   I've seen and tried several different training spoons with my kids, and haven't been particularly impressed with any of them...until now.

I don't know how long Sassy has been making the Less Mess Training Spoon, but it's new to me and I love it...and so does my babe!
 (That kid will NOT wear a bib!!!)

It's unique design first caught my eye in Target and as I studied it, I realized that it had several features that other training spoons lacked.  For starters, baby can grasp it from either end or with either hand because the spoon is on both ends.  The large guard acts as a visual cue to help the baby guide the spoon to his mouth and then keeps him from shoving it in too far.  The holes in the spoon keep the food from sliding around and falling off.  And, it's made from a soft material that won't hurt baby's gums.

Gerber and Babyhuman sell spoons with a similar guard on the end, but the spoon is only on one end and there are no holes in it...plus, they're more expensive.

The Sassy Less Mess Training Spoon cost me $2.59 at Target and sells on Amazon for $2.49 (it's also eligible for free shipping).

Not to change the subject, but.......it's my very first blog award!!!
 
Shelley of Shelley's Swag choose to pass this award along to me and I am truly flattered!  

Since starting this blog, I've discovered that mommy bloggers are a community of 
I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine gals who enjoy sharing wisdom, followers, and awards and I am so glad to be a part of it all.  

I'll be passing this award along to some fellow bloggers that brighten my day in my next post.  Have a lovely day!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations